Quantum-ANZ Data Migration Services
Data Migration Services Provided:
- Hardware Assessment
- Software Compatibility Check
- Tape Drive Configuration
- Media Check and Data Validation
- Data Transfer and Migration – tape to tape or tape to cloud
- Testing and Verification
We recommend migrating to LTO-9 Media.
The benefits of LTO-9:
- Enhanced Data Capacity – Up to 45 TB compressed 2.5:1 (18TB native)
- Faster Data Transfer Speeds – Up to 900 MB/s compressed (400 MB/s native)
- Long-term Scalability – Future-proofed, providing room for further advancements in data storage technology.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many tapes are required to be migrated?
- What tape formats (LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6, etc.) are used?
- Where do you want to migrate data from tape to? Tape (LTO-8, LTO-9), Disk or Cloud?
- Where are the tapes currently being stored?
- What backup software (NetBackup, Commvault, Veeam, etc.) is used to write to tape, including the version?
- What is the number of unique backup environments being used, including the operating systems for each environment?
- What is the number of backup software catalogues?
- Is encryption or multiplexing used when writing data to tape? If so, please provide details.
- What operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc) are being backed up?
- What applications (Exchange, SQL, etc) are being backed up?
- What data will be of interest for archival restores from tape?
- What is the desired retention policy for the images on the new tape media?
- Do you need the new media provided as part of the migration or supply your own?
We look forward to working with you to solve any data migration requirement.
Contact Quantum-ANZ on 1300 761 199 or email us at [email protected] today.